Home » Amazon News
Category Archives: Amazon News
Amazon Prime exclusive Tom Clancy’s Jack Rayn soon to be aired on Prime video
Customers will be happy to know that a new series by the name of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, or simply Jack Ryan is soon going to be a part of the amazon video archives. An amazon prime original series, Jack Ryan in an American action, political, thriller web television series. The characters in this series is based on the ones from the fictional “Ryanverse” which was originally created by Tom Clancy.
The amazing cast includes actors such as
- John Krasinski as Jack Ryan (a financial analyst working for the Central Intelligence Agency)
- Abbie Cornish as Cathy Mueller (a doctor and Jack Ryan’s girlfriend)
- Ali Suliman as Mousa Bin Suleiman (a terrorist specializing in finance)
- Dina Shihabi as Hanin Ali (plays the character of Ali Suliman’s wife)
- Wendell Pierce as James Greer (Jack Ryan’s boss)
About Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan
Currently, the season 1 of Jack Ryan is available on amazon prime video. Jack Ryan includes a world of soldiers, fights, spies, freedom and terrorists. Jack Ryan was premiered on amazon prime video on the 31st of august and the viewers can enjoy the season 1 until the further seasons and episodes are released.
Season 1 includes 8 episodes in total by the following names:
Episode 1- Pilot
Episode 2- French Connection
Episode 3- Black 22
Episode 4- The Wolf
Episode 5- End of Horror
Episode 6- Sources and Methods
Episode 7- The Boy
Episode 8- Inshallah
Jack Ryan has discovered a set of unusual events and as a CIA analyst, he is now out on the venture of decoding the threats the US is about to face and save the people from them. In his journey, he is about to unravel some hidden mysteries which fighting through the nuances which are about to be thrown at him.
Amazon provides an amazing subscription program known as amazon prime membership to its customers and users. Amazon prime membership can be availed by paying £ 7.9 per month or by paying £ 79 per year. Here are the steps of availing to the prime membership
- Begin with a free trial period for 30 days. In these 30 days enjoy all the benefits as that of a normal membership for absolutely free.
- If you like the services provided to you in these 30 days of free trial period, further avail the program by paying £ 79 per year or £ 7.9 per month.
- You also have the added benefit of making a cancellation any time you want.
- You can make a payment using a credit card or a debit card, by filling all your details and going through a very easy process. It will only take a few minutes.
Click here if you want to become an amazon prime member and begin your amazon prime subscription program today.
Amazon Prime Perks
Amazon prime members enjoy multiple benefits and advantages. Here is a list of few of the perks an amazon prime member can enjoy:
- Get free delivery on most of the eligible products on amazon.
- Get your products in a span of 1 to 2 days with the added advantage of instant delivery and one day delivery.
- Read the reviews of each and every product before buying and also see the ratings given to every product.
- Get access to additional services such as amazon prime music, amazon prime video, amazon prime reading and much more.
- Enjoy services such as amazon launchpad, amazon go, amazon pantry, amazon dash button, amazon grocery and many more.
- Get early access to lightning deals and daily sales and promotional offers and discount codes.
Amazon prime video offered by amazon is a video on demand service, offering multiple kinds of videos from different genres and themes. It offers television shows including amazon original shows produced in house. It also offers movies for rent and purchase.
If you become an amazon prime member, you get access to all these amazing video content for absolutely free.
Few of the genres available on amazon prime video are
- Science fiction
And much more
- You can also separately purchase the amazon prime video subscription program for £ 5.99 per month.
- Enjoy unlimited one day delivery.
- Get access to unlimited video streaming.
- Enjoy unlimited photo storage.
- Also enjoy unlimited reading.
- Enjoy amazon prime video on multiple devices ranging from your smartphones, tablets, iPads, laptops, personal computers to television streaming devices, play stations, e- kindle readers and many more.
Why Amazon Prime Video?
- Amazon prime video is the right spot to go to when you have a long list of shows and movies you want to watch with a very budget in your hands.
- Get to read the reviews by the previous viewers of the show.
- Watch the episodes in a good high definition quality.
- See the number of stars a show has received.
- Read the synopsis of every season and each episode individually.
- You can also buy the episodes and season separately but the more economical choice would be to get the amazon prime membership.
Click here to get started with amazon prime video and watch the amazing Jack Ryan unravel some mysteries for you.
Get a year of Prime just for £59
Amazon prime : An overview
Amazon has been successfully coming up with new plans and subscription programs for its users since its for formation. The most successful one yet has been the amazon prime subscription program which is vividly enjoyed by its users and members.
On any normal day, you can firstly begin with a 30-days free trial period followed by availing the prime subscription program for a £7.9 per month or a £79 per year basis.
Bank holiday discount: Prime membership for £ 59/year
However, keeping the bank holiday celebrations into account, amazon is giving an amazing discount for the prime subscription program. You can avail the Amazon prime subscription for only £ 59 for a year until 30th August, 2018.
You can join prime for just £ 59 for a year and enjoy all the benefits of amazon prime membership along with getting the chance of watching all the live action from US Open. You can save a whooping £ 20 for your first year of membership.
- Available for the new prime members only.
- Offer ends at 23:59 PM on 30th August, 2018.
- After the end of your first- year subscription, your prime membership will further renew for £ 79 per year.
- You have the chance of cancelling your subscription plan anytime you want.
Click here to get started with your membership today!
Prime subscription plans
Other than the above- mentioned amazon prime plan, there are also sets of different plans which you can avail according to your preference and choices.
Amazon prime video
- Get it for £ 5.99 per month.
- Includes prime video.
- Get unlimited one day delivery.
- Get unlimited music streaming.
- Access to unlimited photo storage.
- Enjoy unlimited reading.
- You can cancel anytime.
Click here to avail the program at a discount.
Amazon prime (per month)
- Get it for £ 7. 99 per month.
- Begin with a 30- days free trial period.
- Unlimited reading.
- Unlimited photo storage on your device.
- Includes prime video facility.
- Enjoy unlimited one day delivery.
- Cancellation of the program can be done at any time.
Click here to avail the program.
Amazon prime (per year)
- Get it for £ 79 per year.
- Best value for money package available.
- Equivalent to £ 6. 58 per month.
- Unlimited photo storage.
- Access to unlimited one day delivery.
- Enjoy unlimited reading.
- Enjoy music streaming.
- Cancel the program anytime you wish like.
Click here to avail the program.
Perks of Amazon Prime Membership
The amazon prime membership comes with its pool of amazing perks and benefits. A value- for- money program, amazon prime gives you bonuses like no other brand out there. Enjoy multiple benefits in terms of entertainment, delivery, money saving and much more.
- Delivery: join amazon prime to get amazing and exclusive delivery benefits. From unlimited one day delivery, same day delivery, to 1- 2 hours delivery, amazon prime members enjoy them all. Get your products in a span of 2 to 3 hours without having to pay any additional cost. You can also choose the location and then collect your parcel at any time or location that suits you.
- Prime video: enjoy a pool of amazing collection of movies and daily shows without any extra cost. Along with cinematic classics and top trending movies, find all the new releases and Oscar nominated movies in your amazon prime video pool. Watch tv shows with all the seasons and episodes updated as per release along with exclusive access to in house production amazon originals in terms of both movies and shows which you will find no where else.
- Prime music: stream thousands of amazing music files available through prime music. Find music from all genres from pop to country music to much more. Find all the new releases and top trending music albums at one place.
- Prime books: prime members enjoy benefits such as prime reading, kindle first, prime lending and much more where they a given a priority in choosing the book before everyone else. Read samples, listen to audiobooks, download books on amazon kindle e- readers, on your amazon kindle apps and much more.
- Kindle devices: you can watch movies, listen to music, stream podcasts, read books and do much more on your amazon kindle devices, your one stop for everything. Buy these amazing devices on amazon itself at amazing discounts and deals. Get access to lightning deals before everyone else and get daily promo codes and offers.
- Additional benefits: other than all this, you also get access to all the latest technological developments by amazon such as amazon pantry, amazon go, amazon dash button, amazon launchpad and much more.
You can click here to read some more benefits and perks offered by amazon prime membership.
Hurry up friends!
The discount of £ 20 on your prime membership program only lasts till 30th August, 2018. Get your prime membership for £ 59 for a year and enjoy amazon like never before.
Hurry before time runs out!
Amazon Grocery Pickup: Now just minutes away from you!!
The eminence behind the e-commerce brand Amazon can be signified through the set of latest innovations it has brought in the market. Yes, we are talking about the Amazon grocery pickup facility, introduced by Amazon through Prime now in the UK market.
What does Amazon Offer?
Amazon is basically a cloud computing, electronic commerce brand, based in Seattle. However, amazon has reached to an excessive number of markets today in different countries from UK, Germany, Spain, India and many more. It has been diversified into selling books, apparels, furniture, appliances and much more. All and everything can be easily located on Amazon. Other than the selling of items, it also provides many services such as, Amazon Prime and now Amazon grocery pickup.
Perks of being an Amazon Prime Member
If you plan to become an Amazon Prime member, there are an excess of benefits and services you can avail which are exclusive for you.
- You can start with the 30- days free trial period.
- After your free trial ends, you can avail the prime subscription at £7.99 per month.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Click here to subscribe today!
You can get additional programs such as Amazon video, Amazon music, Amazon music for absolutely free. On most of the products you buy online, no delivery charges are levied for you along with free delivery charges throughout Uk. You also get access to latest services introduced by Amazon such as Amazon go, Amazon grocery pickup and much more with discounts provided by Amazon Promo Code.
What is prime now and how does it work?
Prime now is a service which can be availed by the members of the Amazon Prime Subscription. It is a program wherein the customer can receive their required set of products which they buy on Amazon in just a matter of few hours at their desired place.
- If you want to receive the product in just 1 hour, an extra fee of £6.2 is levied as delivery charges.
- If you agree to receive the product within the stipulated time period of 2 hours, no extra fee is levied in terms of delivery charges.
Grocery pickup, a step ahead and how!
Amazon has announced this amazing service called grocery pickup at Whole Foods located near you. Prime members can order from an amazing range of products and groceries at the location of Whole Foods near them with the help of either the Amazon prime app or through the website. They can further choose the desired location of Whole Foods to pick up their products from on the same day itself.
Grocery pickup service is available exclusively for the prime members only. You need to subscribe to the Amazon prime membership in order to avail this facility. You can visit Amazon Promo Code in order to subscribe as soon as possible.
Perks and benefits of Grocery pickup
Customers can avail many benefits if they avail the service of grocery pickup. Other than easing their experience and making sure they have a hassle-free shopping spree, there are many more advantages up for grab:
- Customers and members can order products ranging from fresh produce, baked goods, dairy products, seafood, flowers, meats, to other daily use products they require.
- They are free from the drawback and downside of standing in long queues at grocery stores, wasting their time at check outs and failing to buy the products on their list.
- Members can choose their pickup option at the time of check out before placing their order.
- With the prime now app, alerts can be sent to the grocery store beforehand. They can alert them of their whereabouts and let them know a few minutes before reaching the store in order to save more time.
- Mostly the products can be reached at the Whole Food stores at a stipulated time of within an hour however if the customer wished the receive a product before the allotted time, an extra fee is levied as delivery charges.
- Special deals and offers along with promotional codes are always up for grabs by the prime members in order to buy their products at a much lesser price as what will be available in the general market.
- You can receive the products on the same day in just a matter of few hours so at the time of emergency, grocery pickup is the way to go.
Few of the Latest Deals & Offers on Grocery Pickup
You can check some of the amazing deals and discounts which are ongoing at the moment and some of the deals which have happened in the past in order to give yourself a head start before you begin with grocery pick up service.
|Juices||40% off Tropicana juice||subscribe and save|
|Wines||Save upto 25%||subscribe and save|
|Barbeque veggie and salads||Get upto 25% off||subscribe and save|
|Household and beauty items||Save upto £3||subscribe and save|
|Eggs and dairy products||Upto 15% off||subscribe and save|
|Food cupboard||Spend £5 and save £1||subscribe and save|
|Stone fruits||Buy 2 for £3||subscribe and save|
|Booths cooked meats||Get upto 20% off||subscribe and save|
|Cereals, porridge and muesli||Save upto 30%||subscribe and save|
|Fresh pasta||Upto 25% off||subscribe and save|
|Biona range sauces||Subscribe and save upto £30||subscribe and save|
- Buy 5 and get £5 off.
- Buy 10 and get £10 off.
- 50% on selected products and items.
- Get free samples before buying whole products.
- Purchase seasonal products at huge discounts.
- Avail £20 off on your first Amazon fresh orders of £60 or more.
Amazon Grocery Pickup : Made For You!
Amazon has always believed in keeping the best interest of its customers in mind. From providing the best service to giving an option between a huge range of products, the customers are always kept in the top priority. Subscribe to the Amazon prime subscription program and avail these amazing benefits and much more with Amazon Discount Code.
Jeff Bezos overtakes Bill Gates to become the richest man on the planet
To create the stature Amazon has created for itself, it requires a great deal of hard work, involvement and perseverance. The credit of all of this and much more which Amazon has achieved goes to the American entrepreneur Jeff Bezos, who is the founder and chief executive officer of Amazon.com. his successful business undertakes and enterprises has today made him the richest man on the planet.
An investor, a philanthropist, Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. A graduate in electrical engineering and computer science, Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in the late 1994. It began only as an online bookstore, but with hours of commitment and labor put into it, it gradually expanded to selling a range of products and services as well.
Other feathers in his hat include the aerospace company Blue Origin which he founded in 2000, The purchase of The Washington Post made in 2013 and various other investments made by him through his venture capital fund, Bezos Expedition. All of these smart movements made by Jeff Bezos, made him as the world’s wealthiest man on 6th March, 2018 and his net worth increased to US$150 billion, as informed by Forbes.
Bill Gates had been ruling the list of the richest person for quite some time and Jeff Bezos stood at the second position for a couple of years, however, after Amazon’s shares heavily surged, Jeff Bezos was able to take up the first position in the year 2017 itself until officially declared and confirmed by Forbes. Jeff Bezos had also topped Bill Gates in inflation- adjusted terms.
What is Amazon.com?
Amazon.com is a Washington based cloud computing and electronic commerce brand. It is declared as the largest internet retailer in the world and is well deserved to be known so. What started as an online store for book selling, Amazon has now reached to the zenith where it is capable of selling a huge range of products covering clothes, appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, toys and much more.
Amazon has also successfully launched a set of products owned by itself. These include Fire tablets, Amazon e-readers, Fire TV, Echo devices and much more. Amazon is also the hand behind creating the virtual assistance program, that is Alexa. Amazon has separate retail websites for every country including United Kingdom, France, Germany, India and many more.
Amazon is also the fourth most valuable public company in the world and the second largest employer in the United States after Walmart. Some of the other services available through Amazon.com are: *
- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Fresh
- Amazon Go
- Amazon Web Services
- Kindle Store
- Amazon Studios
and much more.
What is Blue Origin?
Headquartered in Kent, Washington, Blue Origin is an American privately funded aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services. Jeff Bezos had been interested in space from an early young age and the brand Blue Origin run by him works on the same principle.
Blue Origin, with the assistance of Jeff Bezos has launched a number of rockets. By July 2014, Jeff Bezos had invested over US$500 million into Blue Origin. As of April 2017, Bezos is selling approximately US$1 billion in Amazon stock each year to privately finance Blue Origin. The company even successfully sent a test flight into space in 2015. Blue Origin is also set to launch a couple of them in the year 2018.
What is The Washington Post?
In August 2013, Jeff Bezos bought The Washington Post’ for $250 million through his company Nash Holdings. Washington Post is a major American daily newspaper brand, founded originally on 6th December, 1877. It the largest newspaper published in the capital city of The United states of America, Washington DC. The newspaper is currently owned by Nash Holdings LLC, a holding company created for the acquisition and controlled by Jeff Bezos.
It has also been accoladed with over 50 Pulitzer Prizes, signifying how dominant it is and how significantly its content is consumed by the masses in the peripheral of the country and otherwise.
Some of the other prizes won by the Washington Post are:
- Worth Bingham Prize- a total of 8 times as of now.
- Pulitzer Prize- a total of 51 times as of now.
- The Gerald Loeb Award for Commentary
- Peabody Award
Other Investments by Jeff Bezos
Through his venture capital fund, Bezos Expedition, Jeff Bezos has successfully invested into several companies and brands whose revenue also adds up to him becoming the richest man on the face of earth in the current modern time wherein his income if compared, is more than the GDP of many of the developing and under developed countries for example Croatia. Some of the brands in which Jeff Bezos has invested are:
- US$15 million in the social platform Twitter
- US$100 million in an early cancer detection company, Grail
- US$112 million in Air and bed service, Airbnb
- Business Insider
- Stack Overflow
Jeff Bezos has changed the face of many industries including newspaper, electronic commerce, retail and much more for all the right reasons and through all the right ways. His empire includes the highly assertive brand Amazon.com along with investments in brands such as Uber, Google and many more.
His accolades and achievements can also be attributed to the set of people around him who has always under his supervision worked to improve the brands associated with him, every day.
Amazon GO: It’s time for UK to experience it
One common thing all of us absolutely detest is the long checkout lines at our grocery stores. Well, Amazon, the popular e-commerce brand is here to put us out of our misery by introducing its revolutionary line less, cashier-less grocery store, AMAZON GO.
The first store opened to its employees only on 5th December, 2016 and finally to the general public on 22nd January, 2016. It is currently only present at one location, that is, Seattle, Washington.
However, the readers would be glad to know that cashier less Amazon Go would be soon launching in the UK market by the end of 2018.
How Does Amazon GO work?
A concoction of different computer software packages, such as sensor fusion, Artificial intelligence, computer vision and deep learning algorithms, along with thorough study of the technology has lead to the formation of this JUST WALK OUT TECHNOLOGY called Amazon Go.
Usually at supermarkets, along with spending hours at choosing the products, people tend to mostly waste their time at the checkout lines, facing unnecessary nuisance and tumult leading to hue and cry. Amazon Go is basically formed on the idea of providing the customers an easy, hassle free environment wherein the customer could easily walk in, pick their desired products up and leave quietly without having to be a part of any commotion.
What Happens Inside?
Now obviously one would be thinking about the payment procedures involved. You don’t literally just go, grab your favorite products and leave a happy person without having to shed a penny. (Well, we wouldn’t mind a system like that in the future, would we?) Coming to the point, your movement is actually tracked from the moment you keep your foot inside the store. How? Let’s see.
- Download the Amazon Go app.
- Open the Amazon Go app and use it to enter the store.
- Put away your phone and begin with the process of shopping.
- You can choose anything you like from the array of products available in the store.
- Anything which you pick up from a shelf is automatically added to the cart in your phone. Even if you get skeptical at times and decide to put the product back, don’t worry, your item gets removed from the cart right at the moment you keep it back.
- Once you are final with your products of choice, you simply have to leave the store without having to do any kind of interaction with anybody.
- When you leave the store, the just walk out technology adds up the products in your cart and then charges your amazon account followed by a receipt sent straight to your Amazon account.
YES, as a matter of fact, it is THAT simple.
Amazon GO: A revolutionary step and how
Let us know about a few of the many perks Amazon Go has to offer its customers:
- Time Saving : The whole idea behind Amazon Go is to effectively use your time. The technology itself works on the ideology of grab and go where you don’t have to stand in any lines and queues or invest your time in any unrequired human interaction. It is a fantasy land for all the introverts out there.
- Quick Scanning : Devoid yourself from hindrance or complications with the quick scanning of QR codes on your virtual carts through artificial intelligence and computer vision.
- Multiple Entries : Enter the store with your friends and family, only with the help of one Amazon Go account. Only keep in mind that all the products picked up by your friends and family would all be accounted to that one Amazon Go account only.
- Very Reasonable Pricing : Prices are not exorbitant which any person would naturally think, keeping the kind of technology in mind. On the contrary, you get a lot of the products for a cheaper value as compared to the market price.
- Best Quality Assured : Fresh produce with the best quality range of products available for your consumption.
- Variety : Products of different varieties and products which you wouldn’t normally get at a convenience store near you would be easily available at your Amazon Go stores.
- Experience : Stress free environment with complete freedom in making your choices and selection.
- Smart Technology : Amazon Go involves very extensive yet smart use of technology where the prime motive of the brand is to make the customers feel secured and free when it comes to making their choices. Be it the reading of the barcode or tracking of the products, there is no scope of any sort of deception or ambiguity.
- Membership : Be it an Amazon prime membership or a student membership, when it comes to Amazon Go, you require none of it. The only requirements are: An Amazon account and the Amazon go app and you are good to go.
Some things to keep in mind :
- With the smart technology build-up, there is no room for any kind of shoplifting. You have hidden cameras everywhere and people are watching you through those cameras, all the time.
- A wide range of products are up for grab at the stores. Some of them are:
- Ready to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snack options from the best of the best chefs and local bakeries, freshly produced and baked every day.
- Grocery essentials ranging from milk to eggs to butter and other important dairy products
- Freshly made chocolates
- Exotic fruits and vegetables
- Artisan cheeses
- Amazon meal kits for a quick dinner preparation
- Frozen items and many more
- One of a kind experience. Even if completely hate the idea of grocery shopping, you should definitely give this technology a try and let it change you for good.
- Facing a problem? Missing the humans? Don’t worry. You will still have the staff members walking across the store, ready to help you with all your queries and problems.
- Check the rate list of items before you even enter the store on your app. How often do we you get to do that? Never.
Amazon GO : Doors to the future
According to a report by the Wall Street Journal, Amazon is on the verge on opening more Amazon Go stores within the coming years with
different format planned for each of it. Amazon go has open the doors to the future. Along with an experience, faced never before, Amazon Go is here to make our lives much more convenient and instantaneous. There is something entirely different in having to be a part of a shopping experience where you simply walk in, fill up your bag and walk out without having to stand in long queues. You often tend to pick the shortest line and then eventually take the longest to actually come out of the store. All of this and much more ends with the beginning of the Amazon Go store.
UK, gear up and get ready for Amazon Go.
Amazon UK prime bought the rights of EPL (English Premier League) broadcasting
A transformation in the usual soccer series can be felt with a sensational news of Amazon prime exclusively winning the rights to premier English Premier League. Amazon, the online shopping giant which is famous all over the world for its best kinds of products related to immense range of categories like clothing, accessories, day to day needs, electronic appliances, and much more, has not only enhanced its importance by launching the famous Amazon Kindle. But later, competing with all the other names, it launched its first site to show movies and television shows along with news and sports. But with the world developing rapidly, Amazon has to match the speed and expectations of the ever-growing population.
Hence, Amazon came up with the wonderful idea of telecasting the English Premier League exclusively on Amazon Prime. Amazon’s victory is now evident from the fact that when all the other digital companies were busy buying only the digital streaming rights to sporting events, Amazon’s deal includes exclusive rights for the matches it telecasts.
This change taken by the members will not only help Amazon members to view their favorite matches streaming live on their phones, televisions and laptops on Amazon Prime but with this Amazon will also be able to increase the number of members it once had along with being the first site to establish itself by buying the great league of football players as EPL (English Premier League). Amazon’s keen ability to telecast sports programmes could also be a way to get more people to sign up for Prime subscription as it would help them in establishing a name in the local market and worldwide.
Amazon’s deal highlights the seismic shifts happening in sports and television entertainment, as deep-pocketed digital outlets compete with traditional broadcasters like NBC, Disney and, in Europe, Sky. The fierce battle between Silicon Valley companies and historically dominant studios and broadcasters has extended from developing new scripted shows to broadcasting live sports. And thus, with this, the deal that Amazon took over means to include the exclusive rights of the matches it would be showing. The matches that Amazon broadcasts will only be available to its Prime members, that are currently having the citizenship of and are at present residing in Britain, are relatively minor. It will showcase 20, scheduled at times when there tends to be lower viewership than normal.
In contrast, Amazon is not the first country to have excelled in the field of sports. A year before, the giant social networking site Facebook made a high bid and moreover, took a lot of effort to stream cricket matches from the Indian Premier League and is at present also streaming Major League Baseball games. Apart from this, Twitter has also proved itself by streaming baseball and professional hockey games as well. Other sites launched by the enormous search engine, Google, such as, YouTube and Hulu, a streaming service, have recently been promoting their live TV offerings by emphasizing the sports available on their networks, including the National Basketball Association finals that is currently underway.
But Amazon, by including the exclusive rights of the matches it would be premiering, can experience a slight increase in the number of its Prime members. Amazon’s keen ability to show sports could be a way to get more people to sign up for Prime subscriptions, which according to a recent survey had cost $119 in the United States and about $106 in Britain. Amazon’s chief executive, Jeff Bezos in his annual letter to shareholders this year, disclosed that 100 million people around the world had Prime subscriptions and that number is apparently to experience a slight increase by Amazon’s decision to show the football matches of the English Premier League on it. In his letter, Mr. Jeff Bezos also mentioned, “Prime Video continues to drive Prime member adoption and retention,”.
Amazon will show two full rounds of matches per season that would comprise a total of 20 games, that would be shown on Amazon Prime for three years starting in 2019, the Premier League said in a statement Thursday. The games will be available on Amazon Prime Video in the U.K. at no extra cost to users, Amazon said. While only a handful of games, Amazon’s acquisition is a further sign of its push into live sports broadcasting as a way of luring subscribers to its Prime membership service that includes video streaming and fast online grocery shopping.
All of this change was experienced on 7th of June 2018, when Amazon became the first internet streaming service to buy live, domestic-only rights and clubs agreed they would no longer equally share all cash from overseas channels. With all of this, Amazon becomes the first internet streaming service that would not only buy the local but also the overseas deal of telecasting the matches. Amazon’s Prime Video service will air two rounds of live matches each season in Britain — not internationally — in a three-year deal from 2019, representing 20 games each season during a midweek program in early December and another around Christmas. The remaining rights to show another two rounds of midweek games were purchased by BT Sport for 90 million pounds ($121 million), giving it 52 live matches from 2019 to 2022. Sky, whose biggest shareholder is Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox, has 128 games each season in the same cycle. If Amazon paid a similar amount as BT for 20 games, the league would generate 4.6 billion pounds from the sale of 200 live games in Britain, compared with 5.14 billion pounds for 168 matches from 2016-19.
After the past two domestic deals both produced 70 percent jumps in the value of rights, the league is now experiencing a downturn and looking to generate more revenue overseas where all 380 games are available live each season. Apart from the profit that Amazon will acquire, it seems to be the good news for all the Amazon Prime members who will not have to spend a penny in order to watch their favorite players play football. The match would be aired Live and all the scores of the matches would constantly be aired on the Amazon Prime.
It seems to the public now that with this new and refreshing change or trend taking up in the market, there would be a drastic shift in the expectations of all giant economies and the Amazon prime members and lovers. It is apparently clear from the step that Amazon has taken forward that this new agreement will continue that trend, which would be more of a revolution with a subtle change that further incentivizes on-pitch achievement and maintains the Premier League’s position as the most equitable in Europe in terms of sharing central revenues. Hope and wish for Amazon to make as much profit as it can from this drastic step as it would help in increasing the number of members that Amazon Prime has.
Amazon Lord of The Rings: The Next Big Thing?
Amazon has acquired the rights to produce J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings” for television for its Prime streaming service. The multi-seasonal show will feature new story lines preceding J. R. R Tolkien’s “The Fellowship of the Ring”. The online giant has spent more than $250 million to secure the rights to an ongoing TV show set in Middle-earth, which will include multiple seasons and the potential for a spin-off, all to air which is exclusively for Amazon Prime Video streaming platform.
The idea is that the hugely popular fantasy series is the thing that has the best chance of going toe to toe with its rivals like HBO, Netflix and Hulu, and a total of almost $6 billion at the box office which seems pretty promising. “The Lord of the Rings have a strong resemblance of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” which is one of the biggest series in the world.
Amazon Prime Cancellation: Review Policy Violation
Few days back many of Amazon customers took to social media to complain that Amazon had closed down their Prime accounts without informing them. This Amazon prime cancellation upsets a lot of customers as they loose their access to services such as Kindle e-books, Prime Video, Amazon Echo, and Fire TVs, as well as previously purchased e-books and streaming videos, pre-loaded gift cards, and orders in the mail.
Amazon Prime members complained that there prime accounts are mysteriously locked and no explanation given by Amazon. All the customers are shocked and angry that how can such a repute company can do this. This can bring a big loss for Amazon company.
The affected customers posted on several social media sites about this which prevents them from using any Amazon services including using devices like Amazon’s Kindle and Fire TV. One customer that wrote on Twitter that says she had phone call with Amazon customer care service and she got a answer that she violated the review policy, no other clarification was given for the Amazon prime cancellation. A lot of other customers says that they should inform us about this before deactivating their accounts.
Some members have accepted that they violate the Amazon’s review policies. Review policies include reviewing items for exchange of gifts. They falsely appraise the product so that they got some rewards. They admitted that they practice illegal practices in reviewing. Few customers stated that they are not involved in any such activity. No cross checking is done by the company for the Amazon prime cancellation which is somehow not fair with customers who have done nothing. People are complaining that if Amazon found something then they could gave us a legal notice but instantly taking action like that is not good.
Amazon spokespersons stated that Amazon has taken action against person who give fake reviews to get reward it with some other intentions and those who have violated our company and community rules and regulations of Amazon. Company give declaration that any customers who think or believe they are not at guilty but still their accounts get deactivated they can contact Amazon directly so that they can cross check their account and solve the issue. This incident of fake or paid reviews creates a feeling in the mind of customers that Amazon is promoting such fake and paid reviews for selling their products. That’s why Amazon instantly take such a strict action to stop this practice and prove themselves right in market. This incident can bring down the image of Amazon.
Amazon said that It’s their top priority to don’t show anything which is fake or which is not right. More than 500 tweets are posted with the hashtag #amazonclosed after their accounts had been locked. There are some people who said that Amazon already gave them notice about their Amazon prime cancellation. It’s not clear all about the matter because Amazon don’t want to say much on this topic. But customers are furious enough, some of them take this to court and files case against Amazon. They said we are old customers of Amazon and they are also paying for the prime accounts but still their accounts get deactivated because of some people who give fake reviews.
Many of Amazon customers are complaining that the firm is not disclosing the truth to them. There are something hidden story which Amazon do not want to share due to their market reputation and value. They complained that Amazon is not coming out with detail information about this matter. Amazon is blaming on customers only but no one knows the true fact. Others customers revealed that Amazon has give them promise that they will call back or messages to explain to customers and if they are not on guilt they will them but no response is coming from Amazon. It also suspected that it could be a matter of a data breach where some hackers hacked their prime account and give or posted reviews for the sake of money and the account holder are not aware of it.
Moreover, customers could not access or able to use previously purchased e-books, streaming videos, gift cards or information about items ordered through the mail. All their already purchased online item are also closed. lot of customers are upset with Amazon as they already pay for their products but still now they can’t able to use it. Some people are appreciating this step as Amazon are accepting that fake reviews are given on the item of their website and lot of customers purchased products after reading this reviews. Now company founds out that illegal practices like this are going on their sites and they want to stop it.
Amazon may loose lots of their trusted customers and will occurs a huge loss but still they are taking strict actions. Despite of the fact that it may also hinder the reputation and value of company, they still stand against it. Otherwise they had a option to ignoring it. Customers frustrations are increasing day by day but it comes out that No one can claim against Amazon because it has the ability to shut down their account at any time company wants. It is part of Amazon’s terms and conditions that the firm can terminate your Prime membership at our discretion without giving any notice to customers.
So Amazon is right on their side and took a right action. Community guidelines are present on the official website which mentions everything, So Amazon is doing nothing which is wrong or against the law. It provides various features for connecting other users and sharing real feedback about products and services – positive or negative. Their Community Guidelines help them to use Community features, including Customer Reviews, Customer Questions & Answers, Amazon Follow, Profile pages, Outfit Compare, Style etc.
Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features using any malpractice strict will taken by Amazon. Its already mention there that If Amazon come to know that any Amazon account has been used to any form of malpractice, misconduct, remittances and payments may be withheld or permanently forfeited. Misconduct may also violate state and federal laws, including the Federal Trade Commission Act, and can lead to legal action and civil and criminal.
Now it is expected that Amazon should help and heard customers complaints against their Amazon prime cancellation. Most of the customers are innocent in this case and it’s unfair to them to close their prime accounts.